Welcome!


Hello, I would like to welcome all parents and guardians. I am Mr. Bare and I will be your child's teacher this year. I am excited for the school year to begin. I am starting this blog to keep parents and guardians informed on all school activities, schedule changes, and what is being taught in the classroom as well as a platform for communication. I highly encourage everyone to be an active participant with this blog as it can enhance your child's education. You may also contact me through email at tbare@kent.edu. As I get to know and learn about your children throughout  the year, I thought I would share a little about myself. 

I am married to my wife Lori Singer-Bare and we have been married for ten years! We have three amazing children- Travis Jr. (14 years old), Emily (7 years old), and Jackson (5 years old).

Leisure Interests:

I am a simple person and enjoy quality time with family and friends. We enjoy short trips to visit family in Iowa and Minnesota to go camping in our camper. My wife and I enjoy going out on our boats to either fish or just enjoy the water with the kids. I love anything sports and enjoy going to football games. My wife and I are season ticket holders for Kent State football and basketball. I also coach U6 Soccer and T-Ball.

Prior jobs and Education:

I am currently a full time student and will graduate with my Early Childhood Education degree in the spring of 2027. Prior to starting college I was a Police Officer. I spent ten years as a Police Officer in Missouri and Kansas. I am also a First Sergeant in the Missouri Army National Guard. I have been in the Army for 19 years. I have spent 40 months (about 3 and a half years) deployed to the Middle East. I spent most of my time in Baghdad, Iraq. I am also a Purple Heart recipient. I am sharing a two pictures. One is a picture of me based off my civilian life as a student and future educator and the other one is from my Military life with my wife. 

Why do I teacher Early Childhood?

 A child’s first teachers are the people who will set the bar for learning. They have the ability to instill a love for school. The energy and excitement that young children display is something that can't be recreated. I love the excitement children get when they accomplish the smallest task. I like that in the early years, as a teacher I get to teach all subjects and have the same children all day. That bound that a teacher gets with their children is an amazing thing. 

The most important thing to me this year is that the students have fun, look forward to school and while having fun they learn! 



Comments

  1. Good job with the Blog Assignment, this can be a great model for your classroom Blog! Dr. Froehlich

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Learning through PLAY!

Animal Week (May 20 - May 24)